Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Stampin' UP Artisan Blog Hop - Touch of Texture to Get Well


 Welcome BACK to the 2015-2016 Stampin' UP Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! 
I am so blessed that I get to create and inspire with these amazing Stampin' UP products and share with you all here for another wonderful year! Remember that every other Thursday, all 20 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Please keep hoppin' thru them all....you do not want to miss anyone of these amazing ladies!

This week is an "open to create" week but to stay within the parameters of goodies from our Artisan box. I chose to use the beautiful Touches of Texture Stamp Set. It is a stamp set that I would not normally purchase. I was nervous and questioned where to begin so I just started stamping with the line art of the flowers.
If you follow our Artisan Blog Hop often, you will see that we are missing a team member this week. Inge Groot has been under the weather so I wanted to send her a get well card to cheer her up and just let her know I was thinking of her. This was the inspiration for my project this week - get well. Not sure I will send the mason jar all the way to the Netherlands but the card will definitely make it!
The Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack has to probably be one of my most favorite DSP packs. I am in love with this Pool Party woodgrain pattern! The Touches of Textures Stamp set has the splatter image to color in the flowers. I just stamped with Crushed Curry Ink several times to color them in. So easy! I stamped the mixed alphabet letters image in Pool Party Ink for a layer. My favorite image in this stamp set is the splatter! Oh my good goodie goodness, it's perfect! I stamped it here with Crumb Cake Ink. I had to add the bee image from this stamp set as well because it plays on the "honey" in the gift jar so well. The ribbon is just a piece of the 5/8"  Burlap Ribbon and those new Delicate White Doilies adds a nice vintage touch. What is so great about this card is the Labeler Alphabet Photopolymer Stamp Set! You can make ANY greetings with this stamp set for this card. Even GET WELL!
And then came the matching tag....I took the large flower image from the Touch of Texture stamp set and stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Then take Crushed Curry Ink and stamp the inside color image just three times while rotating it. I punched this out with the 2" Circle. Again the Labeler Alphabet Photopolymer Stamp Set is used to create the greeting on the tag. Just stamp closely together, hand cut out and use Stampin Dimensionals to add it to tag (or card). The 5/8" Burlap Ribbon makes a nice textured bow for the mason jar.
For you Mason Jar gift giving lovers, my Get Well Jar contains a bottle of honey, tea packets and a lemon. You could throw in a tissue packet, chap stick and a few candies for sore throats too! Perfect gift to cheer up anyone battling a cold or the flu!!!
Thanks for stopping by here and if you leave a comment then thanks for truly making my day!
Inspire. Create. Share. That's what I love to do.
Cindy

Now on to one of my dearest friends.....Connie Collins! She is one of a kind!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this set and idea so adorable Cindy

Susan Wong said...

It came together perfectly, Cindy! LOVE what you've made.

Carmen said...

I love your projects! You are so sweet sending Inge a card!

Anne Ronsky said...

Wow, love your cards, this is beautiful, what a great stamp set, love your mason jar idea as well, too cute.

2dogs2luv said...

your blog is such a delight to follow; these latest shares are beautiful; thank you for sharing!