Thursday, November 20, 2014

Fancy Friday Blog Hop - Pretty Packages

Welcome to the FANCY FRIDAY BLOG HOP for a
"Pretty Packages" Challenge!
My fancy friends and I are BACK! We loved working with each other so much that we decided to continue on with an all new blog hop to inspire you in fun new ways! Each month on the last Friday, we will bring to you new challenges of all kinds (color,sketch, stamp focus, etc) that you can even participate in! This month we all wanted to make some pretty holiday packaging to inspire you because you know the holidays are just around the corner! LITERALLY! We hope you will join in on the fun and share with us if you do! Use #fancyfriday if you do share on social media!

For my pretty packages, I used the Stampin UP Festive Designer Kraft Paper Rolls. You get two rolls of printed kraft paper for a bargain price of $9.95! Did you know that you can also stamp on this double sided gift wrap? Gotta try that!
For this first package, I used the Cherry Cobbler 1" Sheer Linen Ribbon and the Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon to make a layered bow. The tag is from the Note Tag punch. I cut an Old Olive Tree Punch shape in half to make it appears longer behind the tag. I used the Cheerful Tags Stamp Set and the Endless Wishes Stamp Set in Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive. I added a little heart punch with Kraft Cardstock but left room to write my name or their name.

 For the second package, I recently saw the Whisper White 1/4" Sweater Trim yarn from last year's Holiday Catalog in the Clearance Section and bought two rolls for just 3.59 each. "Brown paper packages tied up with string...these are a few of my favorite things..."
I used some Gold 1/8" ribbon and Gold Sequin Trim to enhance the plain white yarn. I think the tag is my favorite! I used the Note Tag Punch again and the Cheerful Tag Stamp Set with Black Memento Ink. Then I punched just the bottom with the Confetti Star Punch. I punched a piece of the Gold Shimmer Paper with the Note Tag Punch and add it behind. The largest Star Framelits Die with the Gold Foil Sheet adds a perfect background layer.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspire you to get out your Stampin Up supplies and start creating some pretty packages!
Cindy

Now move on to the FABULOUS and FANCY 
Connie Collins by clicking on the next button below! 

5 comments:

*Jane Lee* said...

Fancy, FANCY! Love these wrapping ideas!

Donna said...

I LOVE your packaging and tags and ribbons! So, so pretty! TFS!

~amy~ said...

Such gorgeous packaging!

Becky Cowley said...

Look at you gettin' all sorts of FANCY! LOVE your peek-a-boo gold stars on the tag!

Lauren said...

Pretty sure I saw the kraft wrapping paper on sale... Yep! I love your packages, especially the gold accents. It really brings some glamour to the kraft paper. Check out what I came up with:
http://ofcreativityandart.blogspot.com/2014/12/christmas-gift-boxes.html