Monday, February 10, 2014

MDS Monday Sketch Challenge #53

This week Beth bought us a challenge to pretend to use our "scraps" to create this scrapbook page.  I really had a lot of fun with this sketch!  I first put in my punch "strips" in different lengths and the photos of my daughter and our pooch. Then the page just went from there!
I copy and paste a row of the sketch doggie image from All in the Family download using my align tools and spacing tools. Next I grouped them and copy paste several rows of them to get my background paper. And since my background was busy enough, I went to just solid cardstock for my "scraps". I just used my color palette line up for making my ombre look of pinks. Just some more re-coloring on the red dotted ribbon and flowers to fill in the design. Call it doggie done!
                                   
But wait! I have one more for ya! I played around with the sketch and turned it on its side and added a few more strips. I used the Beautiful Today download for the dsp and stamp images.

You can give the challenge a try and submit your own page if you click on the MDS Monday button on the right side! Follow the directions on the site to upload your page and link it from your blog or MDS.net. Winners and honorable mentions are announced every two weeks.


 Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you today to get into MDS Mondays and our challenges!
 Cindy 

3 comments:

soggystamper said...

I love your doggy background, Cindy! I had to come to your blog to find out where you got that adorable paper. :o) I love it!
Sue Erickson
www.soggystamper.com

Tami Hewlett said...

Cindy, I love, love, love your pages for this week! The one you designed for MDS Monday with all the shades of pink is gorgeous!!! I love that idea. I'm definitely remembering that one for the future.

beth rush said...

both pages are so great Cindy! I love how you used that doggy for a background! clever. and the other page with Beautiful today is just lovely!