Friday, October 25, 2013

Pirate Treasure Mini Muslin Bags

I had something else to show you today but that project inspired me to create these little goodies bags! I will show you the Pirate page next week! I just love how they turned out! Here is how I made these treasures!

First I took the string out of the Mini Muslin bag.  I know! Right? Then you take a good length of 1/8" Taffeta Basic Black ribbon with a safety pin and string it back into the fabric loop. Next I stamped the skull from Toil & Trouble stamp set in Basic Black ink. Be sure to add a piece of heavy cardboard into the bag for a hard stamping surface. To make the tag, I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler with the smallest Deco Label Collection Framelits. I used the stamp from Halloween Bash on Very Vanilla. Cut it out with the smallest Labels Collection framelit. I then sponged the Metallic Gold ink on the edges. Notice the washi tape ribbon? Just put two pieces of tape together! Love the Summer Starfruit Ribbon for a pop of gold color. I used the ribbon and button from the left over piece I had of the Halloween Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit. But look closely at the button.....I used that string from the bag to sew my complete tag to the bag. It comes with three piece on the string so you need just one of them.

Now to find some chocolate gold coins! Or some gold beaded necklaces. Maybe even make a treasure map note in MDS and add to the bag. Better get moving! Halloween is just around the corner!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you!
 Cindy 

1 comment:

Cathy Caines said...

JUST SAW THESE. LOVE THEM. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT SKELETON. I can't wait to make birthday cards for all the bad boy tweens in my life! :)