Friday, July 6, 2012

MDS Blog Hop Friday - Monochromatic 2


Terri brought us the "monochromatic" challenge this week. Last time we did this challenge, I went with a cream and brown tone on a page and stuck to the monochromatic rule. Let us just say that I started with a monochromatic theme and then added pops of color. Label me a rule breaker! :) Did some research on definition of "monochromatic in scrapbooking" and it varies in ways I did not know. Learn something new each day!

Overall, I love how this page turned out! I used the Piece of Cake CD, Decorative Overlays - Starburst and Word Play stamp set. The B in HB embellsihment is covered by the P stamp image. Color filled with Island Indigo, copied, paste in place and then flipped to cover all of the B of the original B. You do what you gotta do to make it work in MDS.

I will print this page and place it in my girls' birthday book. You can see more of the past birthday pages HERE and HERE and HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy
Check out what my fellow MDS Blog Hoppers created this week! If someone is missing as you hop, just come back here and move to the next person.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! Love this layout!!! I will be featuring this awesome layout on My Crafty Picks #71 with a link back to your blog on 7-8-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Have a great day!!
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Monika Davis said...

Fun page - I love the little candle on the B&W picture.