Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Family Christmas Project 2011 - Merry Christmas!

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, we decided to skip the Black Friday mega mess and do a family project together. It was so GREAT! Just spending time together and crafting to Christmas music, of course! I got this idea from Pinterest HERE on my board.
My husband Howard cut all the wood pieces and sanded them. 
Then Megan, Allison and I painted the pieces. Megan did Joseph, Allison did Mary and I did the heads and the baby Jesus.  
Here they are all ready for final touches and assembly.
I made tags from MDS with the Punny Holidays brush stamp set.  As soon as I saw "the Reason for the Season", I knew it would be perfect for this project.  I used the Wide Oval punch on these and added a Decorative Label punch layer in Chocolate Chip.
Here is the final piece and below is how I labeled them with the other sheet of MDS.

We gave these to friends at church that have helped us in many ways over the past year.
I think this was my most favorite thing that we did the Christmas season and that we did something as a family together that reflects our faith!
Joy to the World! The Lord is come!
A very Merry Christmas to you!
Cindy

2 comments:

mkc said...

Beautiful!!! Merry Christmas

Diane said...

Wanted to also let you know how awesome I thought this family project was! I thought I left a comment back when but I can't find it. Just like me...spend time enjoying your blog and then not making a comment. One of my New Year's Resolutions...comment on a blog when I like something. :)

Hugs,
Diane