Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas JOY MDS Blog Hop Friday!

For the rest of the month of December, us MDS Blog Hop Designers will be showing the Holiday items we have been creating with MDS. I can tell you that I have been using MDS TONS for home decor and gifts this season.
You should know by now that I LOVE BANNERS! So I wanted to create a banner for my mantel. Last year, I changed my mantel to showcase my beautiful Willow Tree navity scene.  I knew that I wanted to use the pennant banner style from the Hello Baby Kit.  But what to say....PEACE, JOY, REJOICE, and then I saw this on Pinterest and it was perfect!
So I changed the background of the pennant to the NEW You're My Sunshine DSP download Pattern 1. I love how it looks like snowflakes but not. Then the pennant layer was changed to Baha Breeze and opacity at 50% to tone it down so you can see the pattern thru it. The letters are from the Sweet Details Alpha in Chocolate Chip. 



Here is a close up of the banner so you can see how it printed out. I printed this at home on Whisper White cardstock. I used hemp twine and 1/8" circle punch to put together.
So pleased with the results!
What are you making with MDS for the Holidays? Please share!
Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy

Now move on to see some fabulous HOLIDAY projects from our MDS designers.
ME - HERE!

2 comments:

Wendie said...

I love your banner - it's beautiful and is the right compliment to your mantel.

Katherine said...

So pretty! Love the colors!