Friday, August 5, 2011

MDS Blog Hop Week 1

I was asked to join a My Digital Studio Blog Hop with some of the most fantastic MDS demo designers out there on My Digital Studio.net .  I was shocked , numb and then so excited to participate! You all know how much I am obsessed  in love with MDS!  So each week, we will be posting our finished challenge projects on Fridays.  This week's challenge was "BACK TO SCHOOL" which worked perfectly with my week. We started school here on Monday August 1st! Can you believe it? I bought the new downloads that came out on Tuesday called For Teacher and School Lines. You can purchase them from me here: SHOP NEWEST DOWNLOADS


My girls are getting older and I thought the first day of school page required something little more grown up for them this year. I still managed to add some of those traditional school elements into the mix. I also decided to divide the two of them between two pages because I loved all the pictures I took! (I am working on a week in a life project- check out next week!)
Here is what I used on this page:
dsp - pocketful of posies and first edition
stamps - for the teacher, school lines, schoolbook serif letters/numbers
fonts - ck jot, scriptina
embellishments - large buttons, antique brads
(click on each page to enlarge and see the details up close)

Here are the other MDS demo designers participating on our MDS Blog Hop this week. You can go next to #8 the uber-talented Erica Shaw and see her creation this week or if you missed someone just click their name to go directly to them.

1. Jeanna Bohanon
2. Rochelle Gould
3. Mandy Grant
4. Julie Leblanc
5. Amber Meadows
6. Terry Mongeon
7. ME
8. Erica Shaw
9. Heather Summers
10. Alesha Walls
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy digital creating!
Cindy

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

What an awesome layout Cindy! And I love the non traditional look!

Alesha Walls said...

Great layouts! I like the choices of designer papers!

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Cindy it is gorgeous (although I am not surprised) Love it, and the girls will too!

Mandy Grant said...

Your girls are beautiful just like their mother! Fun pages.... I'm especially fond of the tag design on right. Looking forward to seeing all your talented designs.

Amber said...

Cindy, I think you're the queen of amazing titles! I always love to see how you place titles on your page - it encourages me to think outside the box. So glad to be part of this group with you!

Terri Mongeon said...

Love your pages! Your girls are so pretty...and I can relate about them growing up and needing "older" pages. Great layouts too!