Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hybrid Birthday Page #3

This layout was originally intended for Megan's 10th.  It said "Happy Birthday 10th" and it was using the Sweet Details papers and colors.  When I added Allison's pictures to it I could see all the PINK and soft pastels in them. So where you see Blushing Bride (pink) was really Crumb Cake (kraft) in the first layout. I also added some of the stitching download.
Now that dotted paper in Sweet Details is beyond cute! But how can I change those Crumb Cake dots into Blushing Bride?  Solution was to create my own paper! I took a landscape page and added the dsp in the background.  I took a circle punch and made small like the dot, filled with Blushing Bride color and copied/pasted on just the section I would need for my page. Then I saved as jpeg. One in jpeg format, I moved it to my dsp file in MDS program. I named it Photos.  Then when I went back to my page, I filled that punch square with my created dsp and centered on just the part I wanted. Too complex? Let me see if I can do a video of it soon.
Here is the hybrid page. I printed this 12x12 on my printer which come out 8.5x8.5 and printed on Premium Photo paper.  I just added it to a layer of So Saffron and put on a pink flower button with a glue dot. I almost went and took off the digital stitching and do the real stitching instead, but saved that thought for another day.
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: