Monday, August 16, 2010

Tote Cover and Tag complete it!

So last week, I shared with you my newest project for creative storage solutions.  Here are the containers with covers and titled.  Of course, I put them in a rainbow order.
And here is the cover of the tote!  Inspired my my friend Christine's tote, I added the Old Olive Striped Ribbon with the glue gun.  Then I tied on 1/4" grosgrain ribbon of the five colors: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red.  Also added ribbon tab of the zippers cause I can never find them.  I might add the striped ribbon to the side pockets later since I am out the ribbon now.
I wanted to add a personal tag to it.  This style tag has been my favorite to use lately since I saw it on Jill Hillards's blog. I used the Two Tags Die Cut in Old Olive. I punched the Scallop Circle in Tempting Turquoise, 1 3/8" circle in Daffodil Delight, 1 1/4" circle in Pumpkin Pie and Cricut cut the white c at 1 1/4".  I strung the yellow ribbon thru the Real Red button, tied in a knot and added with a pop up glue dot.  The paper in from the summer mini.  The eyelets and brads were added since this is all the embellishments in this tote.  Inside the tag, I put my phone number and name in case I leave it somewhere in my scrap/stamping journeys.
Someone asked where I got the tote?  I got this tote at Walmart in the sewing section.  I think it cost me around $20.00.  I have it on the little table next to my desk so that I can get to it with ease.  Then it goes with me on travel days to scrap/stamp events. 
Hope you liked the project and it encourages you to make your craft storage something cute too!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

1 comment:

Pinky Roth said...

Where did you find your tote w/trays??? I love your idea and would love to case your idea!

Also, I would like to subscribe to your blog, but I did not see a link to do so?