Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dirty/Clean Reminder

I made this cute little easy to make reminder for the dishwasher.  I saw this idea in a gift book and thought it was super cute and my husband is always asking if the dishwasher is dirty or clean! 
To make this:  first you need, heavy chipboard or I used the heavy cardboard that comes with the DS paper packs.  I traced a computer CD and cut it out.  Then measured 2.5" x 4" papers for two colors.  Glue them on as shown and trimmed the edges with scissors.  Then I sponged the top Kraft paper in Whisper White Craft ink to make it appear "dirty".  Next, I cut the letters CLEAN and DIRTY on my Cricut using Base Camp Font.  They are 1.5" size.  You could use chipboard letters or SU die cut letter as well.  I took the DIRTY letter and sponged them with Chocolate Chip ink and stamped in black ink with the background stamps.  I then attached the letters as shown.  I added two magnets to the back of it and done! 
Here is what it looks like on the dishwasher.  I left this one at the Scrapbook Cabin.
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: