Thursday, December 17, 2009

7 Days til Christmas!


We made these at my scrap night in November.  Wendy, my super upline, showed me how to make this at our downline meeting and I just had to share with my ladies!  This is my version in my favorite Old Olive cardstock.  You can see hers here: Wendy's card box  I made mine to be a notepaper holder instead of holding cards.  I got some vanilla copy paper and cut it into 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  We filled 100 sheets in the box. 

I used the retired Brocade Background designer paper for the bottom of the box.  The eyelet border punch was used on the box as well. The ribbon is the superb 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in Old Olive and Very Vanilla.  The tag is made from the Ornament punch and the stamp is from the hostess set call Holiday Best.  The bird is done in Real Red Marker and the other in Old Olive Marker.  To make the tag you score a 4 x 4 at 2". Then stamp your set close to the folded edge.  Then place punch up to the folded area.  It takes a good amount of press to get through two pieces of cardstock at once. Then I put a hole punch and Hemp Twine to finish off the tag.  We put the stamp To: and From: on the inside of the tag. Wish I could fine that blogger that showed me how to make it but I can not find it at this moment.

This was a big hit with the ladies and several of them made more of them for teacher gifts.  The box has lots of score lines and cuts so Wendy shared a template with us which we used.  This is all made by one sheet of cardstock scored and folded to assemble together. Email me if you would like a copy of template.


Have a magical day!
Cindy

1 comment:

Winnie and Patty said...

Cindy--I'd love to have the directions for this box, but couldn't find where to email you. Could you send it to me at pattypenn199@msn.com? Also, love your blog, now a follower!! Please feel free to visit my blog at www.winnieswhimsandmycrafts.blogspot.com TFS! Patty