Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

I have to share more of the watercolor roses that I made for Mother's Day cards. I was so in love with the watercoloring part of these. The trick is to emboss the rose/lily image in white craft ink and clear embossing powder. Then watercolor them as you wish in the areas to create light and dark areas of the flower. Cut them out when dry. The card is 5 x 5 (stamped images all over the background) and the circle vase is #6 on the Coluzze circle cutter (3 3/8"). Colors used are Regal Rose, Cameo Coral and Black, then Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss and So Saffron. These fit a 5 3/4" x 8" envelope or you can make one like I did. I made these for my mom and mother-in-law for them to have their favorite colored roses forever displayed. Have a magical day! Cindy

No comments: