Monday, April 6, 2009

Scrapbooking Monday

ALOHA! One of my main goals at Scrap Camp was to finish this photo album of my trip to Hawaii with my mom in 2006. It was a 200 page album that I bought at Target. I only had about 110 pictures for this album so I wanted to add some scrapbooking elements to this traditional photo album. I loved the colors on the front and decided to stick with them as the theme for the book. I used Regal Rose, Pretty in Pick, Old Olive, White, Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip. I used the retired stamp set called Do the Hula. Many punches and the Cricut letters were also used in this album. You can click on any of the pics to view larger. Here is one of the first set of pages. . I loved to using the 5-petal flower punch on this page and I still have some journaling to do on this page. Here is the newest technique I learned at Archiver's when using a 4x6 photo album. What do you do with those vertical pictures in a horizontal page book? You take the picture and cut it in half at a not so obvious spot and put in on two 4x6 cardstocks. Then put it on the same side slots to look like one picture. I love it! Then you can add elements and journaling around the picture. Brillant idea! So I have more to show you tomorrow from the Hawaii scrapbook! Have a magical day! Mahalo! Cindy

No comments: