Monday, December 15, 2008

Made for Monday

Such a busy weekend with BIL/SIL/nephews visit, a fundraiser for an injured youth, putting up Christmas lights for MIL, Our church Senior Youth Christmas Party, helping Mom put up her new curtains, whew....
So last holiday season I found this great tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com about this advent calendar. I went and bought all the supplies throughout the holiday never getting around to making it. I finally finished it with Allison's help. You can see the tutorial here: Splitcoaststampers - Tutorial I did added ribbon around the edge of the canvas because it was a little ugly looking with the staples showing. If you are thinking on making this little project, be prepare cause it does take some time but the final result is awesome! Here is a close up of the tins. You could also use jewelry/small boxes here. I used the retired Dashing paper from last year on this project. I love the dots and colors!
So next year, we will actually use it! I did not fill it this year. You can only get so much done at one time. Allison still is asking me to fill it with 10 days to go!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: